Publish to PDF - File size problems

Good Morning - I have recently converted to X4 from ver. 12 and I am having problems when publishing to PDF with file size. Previously when using ver. 12 my PDF would rarely come out over 1MB in size now they are converting to between 3 and 12 MBs. Can anyone help me get these down to previous size. Most files I need to convert are for client approval and contain both bitmap and vector images. I need to keep the vector images vector and cannot present them as jpeg.

Any help would be great - thanks.

mike 

Parents
No Data
  • If you have a lot of text in these 10 pages and it is converted to curves (before or while publishing*), complicated vectors may result which need a lot of data to describe them.

Embedding fonts (or subset fonts) in the PDF will save you MBs in that case. See Text and Fonts options under the Objects tab (File > Publish to PDF > Setting > Objects).

If you have Adobe Acrobat, you will find a lot of options to optimize the PDF under the "PDF Optimizer".

* while publishing: File > Publish to PDF > Setting > Objects > Export all text as curves

Children
No Data