connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Corel 9 updates

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS

posted on Fri, Feb 6 2009 12:50

HELP!

1st, Corel 9 freezes when selecting certain menu items like Tools-Edit.

Corel and the Nvidia GeForce 8400GS VC on my Core 2 Duo system are conflicting.
Adusting or disabling the card features does nothing to fix this.

Running the current Nvidia updates DOES fix this.... Yehaw!

2nd, Service Packs 1&2 for Corel 9 will NOT install.
I get an error message stating these updates are for the english version of CorelDraw 9.337, which is exactly what I have.  Maybe a line in the registry is bad?  What gives here??

Thanks for any help.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Answered (Verified) replied on Fri, Feb 6 2009 13:40

Found the answer on the KB by Google searching. AND it worked:

To install the Service Packs for CorelDRAW 9 on Windows 2000 or XP, do the following:

1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel
  2. Double click on DATE and TIME
  3. Change the Time Zone to GMT +08:00 Perth (if this setting does not work, use GMT -08:00 Pacific Time (U.S & Canada); Tijuana time)
  4. Change the Year to 1998 and close the Date and Time Control Panel.
  5. Install the Service Packs. If you are applying both Service Pack 1 & 2, Do NOT reboot the system after installing Service Pack 1. Apply both Service Packs before restarting, and following the reboot, set the Date/Time back to normal.

An older archive said set the year to 1999, just so long as it's not 2000 or higher.

I think the world now tilts and rotates normally again ... just in time for 2012!

All Replies

Answered (Verified) replied on Fri, Feb 6 2009 13:40

Found the answer on the KB by Google searching. AND it worked:

To install the Service Packs for CorelDRAW 9 on Windows 2000 or XP, do the following:

1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel
  2. Double click on DATE and TIME
  3. Change the Time Zone to GMT +08:00 Perth (if this setting does not work, use GMT -08:00 Pacific Time (U.S & Canada); Tijuana time)
  4. Change the Year to 1998 and close the Date and Time Control Panel.
  5. Install the Service Packs. If you are applying both Service Pack 1 & 2, Do NOT reboot the system after installing Service Pack 1. Apply both Service Packs before restarting, and following the reboot, set the Date/Time back to normal.

An older archive said set the year to 1999, just so long as it's not 2000 or higher.

I think the world now tilts and rotates normally again ... just in time for 2012!

Top 50 Contributor
ABBOTSFORD, BC CANADA
Male

Awesome!!! Great stuff. That's worthy of a gold medal! This goes into my file of great solutions to gruesome problems. Wink

Devil  the 'dd'

comin' atcha from up on the hill in Abbotsford, BC  CANADA

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.