Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

Not Ranked
New Delhi, India
Male
RAJAN KUKREJA Indifferent [:|] posted on Thu, Mar 19 2009 9:47

Temp. Drive Full, File Copy Error??????

I got this error in CDR XIII. I have checked my Temp Drive Folder in C:

I have sufficient space in hard drive but this error occuring again & again & I could not save my hard working graphic files.

Can anyone help me out.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
Verified by RAJAN KUKREJA

this is managed by Operating System, is different according your Windows version. You must go to MyPC and with the secondary mouse button choose "propierties", that shows you the system propierties. On Vista, you must go to the Advanced configuration under the lateral menu. On Advanced, click on configuration and choose the size of your page-file size

Ariel Garaza Díaz

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Hi Rajan

This error occurs normally if you are trying to save the file on a network drive. However, it may not be always. You may try saving the file on local drive if you are trying to save it on a network.

Anand

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

rajan_ku2001:

I have sufficient space in hard drive but this error occuring again & again & I could not save my hard working graphic files.

Can anyone help me out.

How have you checked your free space? This message is not relative to the free space on the hard disk, or the Temp folder, the message is relative to the SWAP file, a temp file managed by Windows, and used as a "virtual memory" instead a RAM memory. If the "virtual memory" is full, there's no option to save

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Top 10 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

Also, you may want to clean out your Temp directory. Open the Run dialog box and enter (without the quote marks) '%temp%'. Aft6er you click OK, a Windows Explorer box will open, showing all the files in the system Temp directory. Select all of them and delete them. Then empty your Recycle Bin.

It helps, if you have no programs running when you do this clean up.

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

Top 50 Contributor
Dollard-desOrmeaux (Montreal suburb)
Male
Try saving under a different file name and check if any bitmaps within the document have "mysteriously" changed from bmp to eps. I've had that problem several times in the past and one, or both have worked for me.

Ted

<rajan_ku2001> wrote in message news:50108@coreldraw.com...

Can anyone help me out.

http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/12172/50108.aspx#50108

Corel ROCKS !

Not Ranked
New Delhi, India
Male

Hi!

Can u tell me how to check Virtual Memory Status & how to increase it?

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
Verified by RAJAN KUKREJA

this is managed by Operating System, is different according your Windows version. You must go to MyPC and with the secondary mouse button choose "propierties", that shows you the system propierties. On Vista, you must go to the Advanced configuration under the lateral menu. On Advanced, click on configuration and choose the size of your page-file size

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Not Ranked
Kortrijk, Belgium
Male

I had the same issue in X3, reading from 8.0 version files; file was on a network drive, lots of bitmap graphics in it. No way to save it.

This was my solution:

- export as AI 10.0 with fonts exported as fonts, not as curves

- import again in coreldraw X3 and save as corel draw.

Everything's OK again.

It appears to me that something is wrong with the way graphics are processed or stored over the various versions of coreldraw.

I have 2.5 Gig Ram, 2 Gig swapfile, 35 Gig free on temp drive. Messing with these values doesn't solve the problem. It's a bug (probably some internal calculation), and a real and nasty one. The service packs and hotfixes are all applied but don't do nothing.

Anyway, found this myself using a small portion of my brain. Before that, I called tech support but they refused to give me support as X3, which is 5 years old, was said to be obsolete. I think this is very very lame against a paying customer. Moreover that it is really a bug. Next time, I'll grab something off the net.

Thanks! for the solution, i think this is the best answer i got that forced me to join this forum and remark on it, really helped me, for future jobs i think i am secure now.

I am prefer Corel12 and had faced this issue many times... but now i came to know that this is an issue related to page file size. I was thinking that this usually occurs when cropping any bitmap through shape tool and moving nodes by arrow keys specially when file has not been saved for a long causes this. May be the undo limit exceeds or may be the undo doesn't support well while working with bitmaps in cropping mode or in power clip?

If you are a Corel Tech and want to sort out this issue in depth which has been solved initially by changing page file to higher size (up to what limit?), you my include my experience to overcome this issue if it is some how related to Corel as well, because today i was literally planning to jump over to In-design for my publication jobs. As i am an advocate of Corel in my community and working on it since Corel-2 so i never wished to quit such a lovely tool just because of few difficulties.

Regards

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.