Sorting Multiple Pages

I have a problem that I am trying to figure out how to overcome and I would love any input.  We own a laser engraving company and specialize in Personalized Gifts.  Because of the nature of personalization we use the Print Merge function everyday in our business to mass produce orders.  Our products come in several different styles, and because of this, we have several different merge files we use to create orders.  When a customer orders more than one style in an order we run into this problem of the products being made out of order.  

Basically, what I would love to do is assign a number ranking on each product based on order number.  Then, after all the styles are complete we would be able to combine it all into one single file and (this is what I'm trying to figure out) somehow automatically sort all the pages based on that assigned number ranking.  This would mean that different styles under the same order number would be sorted together and we wouldn't have to match up labels with products after production.

Please let me know if this all makes sense and if you have any suggestions.

Thank you!

• Hi

trying to get a handle on this. are the styles you refer to each a different template for a merge? Are the actual items being engraved all in the same jig at the time of engraving or are they different products?

This sounds like something you might be able to do in a macro available at macromonster.com

Alexander penkins variables tool 2

ross blair