connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

What is macro in coreldraw?

This post has 33 Replies | 6 Followers

Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

Gaurav Shah Posted: Thu, Apr 9 2009 9:41

Hi friends

i want to know what is macro and how to use it.

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Macro is a small program made with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). If you know about programming, you can create powerful features, as you can see at Macromonster.com or oberonplace.com, but if you don't know about programming, you can use it anyway. Simply, you can use it as a recorder, you can save all steps and save the macro. Then, you can repeat the same steps with the same document or with another document. Just go to the Tools menu / VisualBasic

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Hi Gaurav

Ariel had already explained you what a macro is. Send me your mail ID so that I can forward you some of my macros. I am unable to attach it here because of 256KB Size limitation

Gaurav Shah:
i want to know what is macro and how to use it.

Anand

Top 25 Contributor
Jordan
Male

You can start from CorelDRAW Help.

Latest on my gallery: Cycling and Sunset

Top 50 Contributor
Ottawa, Canada
Male

Ahmad Ajlouny:
You can start from CorelDRAW Help.

or here: vba wiki

Not Ranked
India
Male
ayush replied on Fri, Apr 17 2009 12:07

Anand:
I am unable to attach it here because of 256KB Size limitation

Explain about your macros.  You can upload the file to some free file hosting services like easy-share.com, ifile.it  and post the link here.  It will be useful not only for Gaurav but all interested members.

Top 25 Contributor
Pune, India
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Ayush

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I shall do it ASAP and inform about the link.

ayush:
You can upload the file to some free file hosting services like easy-share.com, ifile.it  and post the link here.  It will be useful not only for Gaurav but all interested members.

Anand

Not Ranked
Indonesia

Macro is programming code. It powerfull for repeat task and action. 

For example, in making ID Card. After design is fix, we must entry data in ID Card. Data can be text, photo, barcode, etc. We entry data one by one.

But, i make some macro (VBA) code to do that automatically.

First. i prepare data needed in table (excel, word, etc.), also prepare photo in specified folder.

When i enter number 1, and i run my code, data in first row of table entered to CorelDRAW. It like mail merge.

Photo automatically import to CorelDRAW, resize and powerclip to frame photo.

Barcode automatically creted and powerclip (or alignmet) to frame barcode.

For doing that task and action: Insert Text, Insert Photo and Insert Barcode, i just need less then 1 second.

It can do simultaneous, for entry data 1 to 100 (or 1000) . It just finish it self.

Interested?

lvr123 replied on Sat, Apr 18 2009 17:29

The great thong about writing Macros for CorelDraw and photopaint, it is that it is same language than for macro's in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, ... So if you are accustomed to write macros in these applications, it will be really easy to write macros in the CorelDraw Suite. You will just have to learn the object model of Corel Draw: Excel works with Document, Worksheets, Range, Cells, ... CorelDraw works with Document, Shapes, ShapeRanges, ...

Last remark, the functions available in CorelDraw are richer than those in Photopaint, who really lacks some basic features...

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

Hi,

There are more macros for CorelDRAW at macromonster.com than anywhere else in the world, and many are free too!

Anjazmoro:
Macro is programming code. It powerfull for repeat task and action. 

Not Ranked
Indonesia

Is VBA can't compare database that VB can do?

I try to make VBA code, that can compare database.

Students' data stored in Excel. Photo stored in specified folder.

Student Card (included barcode, translated from student identity number), use as entry card to the classroom.

Using barcode reader, barcode code read, and form "Entry Class" display  the Name (and other data) of the student, include photo.

It's compare database?

Thk's.

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

Anjazmoro:
It's compare database?

I think I understand... students already have the cards, and you want a VBA Form in Draw to process the current bar code scanned, and call photo and other info from another external file with each scan to present to computer operator? Kind of like what they have on cruise ships when people get off and on.

I'd say using Draw is overkill for this: better to just use VB as an external app for this purpose IMO.

SO... does student swipe card, or staff at door? Can't the staff look at photo on card itself and compare to real person? In this case, all you need is some simple thing perhaps made in Excel to track attendance for cards swiped, only 2 things recorded: the barcode, and date swiped .

Not Ranked
Indonesia

First, I can't use VB yet. My expertise is designer. I learn VBA by myself (otodidak).

My VBA can use in any "Entry" need. Just, select "Data stored" and "Photo Folder"  at "Data Entry" form.

Thank's.

Not Ranked
France
Male
jeje13 replied on Tue, Dec 29 2009 19:07

Hello,

I used google and I found your message in this forum.

I am very interested by your macro because it's exactly what I want to do with Corel (just with text file first or data in an excel table).

I'm know Visual Basic because I use it with Excel, but I' m a very new customer of Corel.

So if you can send me your code it would be great.

Thanks a lot

Jeje13

Top 10 Contributor
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Male
TAG - MacroMonster.com

jeje13:
I am very interested by your macro because it's exactly what I want to do with Corel (just with text file first or data in an excel table).

Here is free training for text only

Did you  know, this feature was added in CorelDRAW 2? about 18 years ago... ;-)

Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.