How to make Font Navigator see network folders/mapped drives?

Let me start off by saying that I have been using Corel since version 9 and have also used Bitstream Font Navigator just as long.   I assume many people store their fonts on a server or NAS and then install them as needed for a project.

My issue is that I am having trouble on one computer (laptop in this case) running Windows 10 (not Pro) in that I cannot see any mapped drives with Font Navigator.   On another computer that was upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 and already had Corel X3 installed (I still prefer this version actually), Font Navigator sees mapped drives just fine for some reason.  I have installed X3 and X7 on the laptop multiple different times, hoping that one time it might do something to make Font Navigator see my mapped drives.  I see no settings or INI files that can be modified within the FontNav folder or in the Registry, so am at a loss here.  Is anyone else able to get this to work right with Font Navigator?

On a similar note, I have tried a few free font programs and am unhappy with them all.  The one I am using is Nexusfont and it is horribly slow, almost unusable, but it does recognize network folders and mapped drives.