Freezing issue sporadically on version 18.1.0.661

I’m having sporadic trouble with CorelDraw X8 either crashing or locking up.  Even after letting the program sit for a bit  (20-30min.) when it appears to lock up.

The last instance the program would crash was when I was doing a simple trim.  Utilizing the ‘Back Minus Front’ function.  Selecting a two word, one line of text in Helvetica and selecting a line over it.  When Id select the function, the program would crash.  After trying a number of times, I rebooted my computer to see it that helped any potential glitches.  That didn’t help.  I ended up using the ‘Break Artistic Text’ to try and select separate words and that allowed me to use it.  But something this simple hasn’t been an issue before.  Usually it’s a really complex font or shape that might give the program trouble.

The locking up seems to occur when I accidently fat thumb selecting a control key function.  Something like wanting to select ‘Control-K’ and accidently selecting something like ‘Control-K L’.  The program would just sit there acting like its thinking.  I would end up using the computer main task manager to force close the program and restart it.  (I hope this makes sense.)

Does anyone have any ideas what to do about these issues or if there is an update/patch to correct these issues?

• What's the total number of installed fonts you have? About a year ago I had about 650 installed fonts and it wreaked havoc with my work flow with all the freezings and crashes. I had to uninstall more than 200 of the complex fonts.

Or it may have been an update. If so, do a system restore to a point where your system worked fine.