Crashing when I "trim"...constantly.

I guess this is more a report than anything else, since I don't expect a solution (other than "reinstall CDR").

My CDR is set to close/pack-up/exit/vanish when there is a lockup or freeze or crash.  I used to hate sitting and waiting for Corel to "unlock" and eventually having to Task Manager the thing! So I opted for the quick death. But its annoying when you've done a ton of work and the temp-auto-backup-file is not sufficiently recent enough.

Anyway, I am finding that CDR is crashing a lot, and it seems to be when I "trim" (Shaping)...and the trim is not a simple one. Like for example, I try to trim the wrong thing, that is too big, or multiple objects...and Corel doesn't seem to know what to do, so it shuts down/gives up...and I lose all my work!

So is there a common issue related to trim operations?

Why am I not just getting an error message?...something like "I can't trim that"...or just ignore my trim attempt...or anything other than Corel giving up and dumping my work.

No, I do not have "every ten minute" backup running because (1) crashes always seem to happen at 9 minutes and 50 seconds (a lot of work transpires in 10 minutes!) or (2) the auto-save happens when I am doing something complicated and induces a crash which results in a completely corrupted file... lol I'd rather fix recent work, than have to start all over again!