Print Pantone colors

Hi all!

Looking to buy a new A4 laser printer but can't decide what to get. I'll be printing vector graphics and want the biggest possible color gamut.

I see some printers are Pantone approved. Can I pick a pms color from the Corel pallette and get a matching pms color printed? What do I need to make that happen?

/Niklas

Parents
  • orsaskylt said:
    I'll be printing vector graphics and want the biggest possible color gamut.

Ok to explain all about this is complicated so I'll recommend my book at www.graphictechnology.com.

Now that I have prostituted myself let me say this, to utilize the maximum gamut from a printer the first considerations are this, is the printer postscript or non postscript?

Either way the controling factor of the printer gamut wil be the media, ink (toner) limit dot gain profile used in the device.  To use this to it's fullest extent will require that you (first off have the proper color management settings in the main color management dialog) build your file and then convert all color to RGB.  This is detailed which is why I recommend the book.

This will suffice if the device is non-postscript, if the device is postscript you'll then have two options.  This is becaue Corel does not support RGB vectors in any postscript filter or driver.  Your choices are then to rasterize the vectors and send them down as RGB images in the print stream or to publish a native color Corel published PDF and then print from Acrobat.

These processes will produce the wides gamut possible from any device.

Reply Children