Gutted

So I get this call from my girlfriend at lunch time today saying

"I was using your computer and something went wrong"..

"oh" I asked "and what is that...? "

"I was trying to update windows explorer and it went wrong....I tried to do a recovery and I click the wrong button, and it started to reformat"

We have a compaq with the recovery disk installed...to make "fixing your computer" easy.

I rushed home and got the computer working, but for some reason NONE of my *** was there....no programmes...no games...no saved games and more importantly....ALL of my drawings are GONE!....and yes I am a dumb ass and NOTHING was backed up....nothing...I am a ***.

As you might be able to appreciate I am a little down about it all...I maybe have like two of my car drawings on a USB drive somewhere...I hope but its all gone.

I was informed by a guy at work it might be savable but I dont know how....if anyone has any suggestions on possible solutions I would very much like to hear them..

Or even if you just want to tell me how stupid I am from not backing up my files please feel free.

I am doing a good job at not being pissed off with Christine, it aint her fault I aint got backups!