connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Problem with CorelDRAW X5 installer on Windows 7?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

Top 500 Contributor
Oklahoma City, OK
Male
lgstephen posted on Tue, Feb 23 2010 14:05

Hi,

I just purchased CorelDRAW GS X5 and can't get it to install on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system.

The download seems to go okay, but when I open the installer I immediately get an error:

I downloaded using both Firefox (get an error from the installer) and IE 8 (same error from the installer).

Is anyone else having luck installing?

Thanks,

Stephen

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 150 Contributor
Red Deer, Alberta CANADA
Male
Verified by lgstephen

I deleted my original download (from CNet) and downloaded the install file from Foster's site. That one installs fine.

Dan

Dan W. Armeneau Sign Artist Website Sign Designs Resume

Top 50 Contributor
Ottawa, Canada
Male
CorelEmployee

FYI, something was funky with the CNet download yesterday..it was fixed late yesterday.

As someone mentioned earlier, downloading from Fosters site was working correctly.

T.

Verified by yanghudi

Where's Foster's site? Please.

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Oklahoma City, OK
Male

No luck on deleting Temp... but after trying that I used the installer from Foster and it worked!

This seems to be an issue with the Corel/CNET installer...

Top 50 Contributor
Dollard-desOrmeaux (Montreal suburb)
Male
donj't forget that in some cases, programs like AVG anti virus can knock out a download.

Ted

<Yani> wrote in message news:78567@coreldraw.com...

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=115305

That lists pretty much ALL Installshield errors

Try what I said and add

Run %temp%

delete the lot

and try again.

I'm pretty sure the beta team used the very same file and no one had an issue. So don't panic it's just Installshield being fussy.

Make the reports as accurate as you can and some one will be awake somewhere in the world to help. ;)

Yani

Ned's Mother -- You gotta help us, Doc. We've tried nothing and we're fresh out of ideas!

( The Simpsons, Hurricane Neddy -- Season:8 Episode:8 First Aired:12/29/1996 )

http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/18418/78567.aspx#78567

Corel ROCKS !

Top 75 Contributor
Mumbai, INDIA
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Installed fine here on Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit first up. No issues whatsoever. Like a cream :-)

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7
Tabbed Interface, Transparency in Fountain Fills, Content Exchange

www.corelinsight.com

Top 50 Contributor
Ottawa, Canada
Male
CorelEmployee

FYI, something was funky with the CNet download yesterday..it was fixed late yesterday.

As someone mentioned earlier, downloading from Fosters site was working correctly.

T.

Hi,

Im having the same problem. I originally tried the CNET download, it didnt work, went to Fosters site, and that's not working either. Ive deleted original install files, wiped temp files, even ran a registry cleaner. It never gets past 9%. This is the message I get:

Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly component {76C3F0F6-9B9D-35DA-81C6-CA8A88CC93CA]. HRESULT: 0x800736FD

Any help would be appreciated, Ive already missed my deadline since I cant open .cdr files anymore :(

Top 500 Contributor
Oklahoma City, OK
Male

You may want to start your own thread on this - I think it is a different issue than what we were struggling with... might get you more attention, as this thread already has a few verified answers. Smile

Verified by yanghudi

Where's Foster's site? Please.

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
"My site" it http://www.unleash.com . It has a name of Graphics Unleashed but that rarely gets used.

i have problem when i want to install corel X5. when it came to page that i have to tick agreement license, the installing stop. there is nothing on it only EN.htm and the button blank.

i am using windowds 7 ultimate 64 bit. anybody can help me?

Top 75 Contributor
Mumbai, INDIA
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

erdna:
i have problem when i want to install corel X5. when it came to page that i have to tick agreement license, the installing stop. there is nothing on it

Have you updates the .net 3.5 framework with latest service pack? Go to Windows Update and see if there are any available updates for .net framework 3.5 or 4.0. Install all of them.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7
Tabbed Interface, Transparency in Fountain Fills, Content Exchange

www.corelinsight.com

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.