How can I get Corel Draw 11 to work on Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit?

I have been having problems updating my Corel Draw 11 Graphics Suite for use on a computer running Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. It worked fine on the previous computer I was using, which was running Windows XP Pro, 64 bit. I have been to the download site for all applicable patches and service packs for Corel 11, namely, SP1, SP2, Draw11SVGUpdate, and CGS11savefix.exe. When I run the SP1, I get an error message: "the file C:/Programfiles(x86)\Corel\CorelGraphics11\Filters\CRLPDFImport110.dll is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded" The only response choice I was offered was "OK" and this exits the setup.

When I try to open either Corel Draw 11 or Corel Photo Paint 11, I get the following message: "Corel PHOTO-PAINT(R) [or DRAW] has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The only "option" I'm given is to push the "Close program" toggle and exit. Windows has never contacted me via email to tell me of any solutions.

I have been using the Corel Draw Graphics Suite for many years - first buying the Full Version of CD5, then upgrading to 8, then upgrading to 11. I have the original "upgrade" discs for 11 which have installed just fine up to now, and  I really do not need the extensive features of CGS X5 (which, by the way, works perfectly in the "trial download" form I put onto the computer in question!). I was SO hoping to get the updates on 11 installed so it will work on Win 7 Pro, rather than have to pay $200 for the upgrade to X5 "just" to gain the ability to run Corel DRAW and Corel PHOTO PAINT on this new computer. (By the way, that "just" is a relative term - if it's the only way to get a functioning program, I will have to upgrade - Corel DRAW and Corel PHOTO PAINT are the bedrock of our private printing press work!) Is there any way I can proceed with Corel 11?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

Agnes Marie

Parents
No Data
  • Hello.

That's the solution:

I found out that there is one file in CorelDraw V12 that causes the problem: kodakcms.dll, the Kodak color management system library. If you have a Pentium quad processor, the system crashes after opening or importing graphics containing color. If you installed CGS12 in a default way, you find the file at C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Graphics 12\Programs. The original version of the Kodak file is 5.0.4.0. You should delete and replace this file by a newer one. Version 5.2.5.0 will do. Where can you obtain this file? Easy: it is one of the files used by a Kodak programm: Kodak EasyShare Custom Creations. You can download it from the Kodak site for free! See http://download.kodak.com/keccs/v1_0_1/rlx_kodak_install.exe. Download the program and find your file at C:\Program Files\Kodak EasyShare Custom Creations Software\kip\bin. Copy and paste. CorelDraw works again!

http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/8923/35511.aspx

Children
No Data