Convert PDF to Corel Draw X4

I have read a lot on How to convert a ".PDF" to a ".cdr".  I've tried using the Import function and a routine called "Cool PDF Reader".Both of these work fine if you are converting a "simple" (one idea) drawing. However,my problem is none of these routines do an "un-weld".

To give an example of what I may want to do is: I came across a ".pdf" file that had some artwork designed to be a scroll saw template. I can bring them into Corel Draw and do several things. The art work was a circle that had lettering on the outside curve of the circle. I wanted to change the wording. I went to the Corel Draw menu Arrange>Shaping and brought up the sub-menu. Weld was enabled but UnWeld was not.

Is there any way, any routine that will allow you to un-weld a graphic?

Thanks,

Sam

Parents
No Data
  • Sam:

I've done what I think you want to do.  Here are the steps:

1. Draw a circle that includes the part of the design you want to keep and excludes the original text.

2. Draw a rectangle to include the base and round the upper corners as in the original design.

3. Weld the circle and the new base into a single curve.

4.Intersect the new curve with the old one.  This will eliminate the original text.

5.Using the text tool write the new text.  I used Bookman Old Style Semi Bold, 58 pt, to approximate the old text font.

6. Use the Fit Text to Path tool to fit the new text to the curve resulting from step 4.

I've attached a jpg of the result to this reply.  Is that what you wanted?

I haven't welded the new text to the rest of the curve, but I think that could be done easily.

Otto

Children
No Data