how to draw a line in Coreldraw

How to draw straight line in Coreldraw?

Im just a beginner in Coreldraw. I saw other people using the fourth tool (right below the zoom button on the left  toolbar) to draw lines. But when I try to draw line using that tool, im not getting straight line. It curves when I move the cursor forward to draw a line.

Parents
  • Welcome to Draw. Hope you have fun learning.

Two simple ways to create straight lines:

1) Click on the button you refer to, the one that seems to have a plus sign shape in the upper left corner, and a squiggly line in the lower right corner - if you hover your mouse over the button, you'll see it's called the Freehand tool. To make a straight line with the freehand tool, click the tool, then in your document left click to create one end of the line, RELEASE the mouse button, then move the mouse to wherever you want the line to end, then left click again. If you don't release the button in between the two ends of the lines, you get the curvy lines you noted in your question (for freehand drawing)

2) If you click the triangle in the lower right hand corner of the freehand tool, you'll get a flyout menu of other tools, the second of which is the "two point line" tool. To use that to create a straight line, click the tool, then in your document left click where you want the line to begin, HOLD the mouse button down and drag to wherever you want the line to end, then release.

Hope it helps,

Bill Coley

EDIT: If you want vertical or horizontal straight lines, hold down the Ctrl key as you use either method.

Reply Children