do not waste your money on Corel Website Creator

Learn from my mistake, Corel Website Creator is one of the worst website authoring programs on the market.  It is a rebranded form of Net Fusions.  While Net Fusions might be a functioning software program, Web Site Creator is not.  It is so bad, the not even Corel knows how to operate.  Note there is no tech support avaliable.  There are no forums on how to use it, it seems as if it just doesn't exist, yet they'll sale it to with Corel Draw X5 Ultimate or as a standalone for $199.99

What they won't do is provide tech support, again, they don't know how to use it.  The 1100+ page manual is only a pdf file, THAT CAN NOT BE SEARCHED.  The help files are written by Microsoft and are therefore useless.  When I complaint about the difficulty it was advised to buy the Net Fusions 11 book to learn how to operate it.  Been there have the book and it just doesn't work.  Maybe Corel made enough changes to make it useless.  When I delete this god awful software, the book goes into the recycle bin.

I have now wasted 16 hours over the weekend on trying to set up a site.  I though I had my index page all ready to go only to find out the everything on my index page is on every page I have in my outline.  They do not have masterpages as real website authoring software does, it's master borders, what ever the hell those are. 

So search the forums, you'll only find this one, and there isn't much on it, because the program is not worth it.  But something else,  Web-Pagemaker a $50.00 program that hasn't had an update for over a year is better then Corel Website Creator, save yourselve some money, time and hairloss, buy that and not corel.

Parents Reply Children