Error on Scanning a picture into Photo Paint X5

When I try to acquire an image from the scanner (HP F4400), the image will scan but before anything can be done, an error message pops up saying the server is busy and I need to switch to the other program.  I then have to go in to the Task Manager and close out of the program.  This is a personal computer but I do have other computers going through my router.  Is there a fix or work around so that images scanned can be imported to the program? Using Windows 7.

Frank

Parents
No Data
  • I have the exact same problem on my HP Photosmart C4400: a server busy dialog. It says

"This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Chose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem."

What is the "other program?", and how can you "activate" another program when you don't know what it means?

The dialog box has three buttons but the Cancel button is greyed out, leaving "Switch To..." and Retry. I tried 'switching to' another Corel Photopaint instance but this didn't help. Retry also doesn't work.

However, I only get the problem if I click Preview first.  Clicking Scan without previewing scans OK.

It works fine with Adobe Photoshop CS5. This leads me to believe that the drivers are Ok.

If anyone solves this, please post.

Children
No Data