What causes an invalid fill id?

I just started using corel x5 and EVERY time I put an outline on an object, (always 9 points thick) the next time I re-poen the file it says I have an invalid fill id and it makes my outline hairline thin and the default stroke color. It is driving me crazy!!! help!!

win 7 64 bit

Parents
No Data
  • I recently had the "invalid fill ID" pop up on opening a particular file (CorelDRAW X5, Win7, 64-bit). While Retry did open the file (without any apparent problem), I did want to fix it. This problem remained after I used the original installation disc to perform a "Repair." 

The above consensus that it is a color setting seems to be correct if the cure confirms the illness. I found an old answer that fixed my file. Below is the direct quote, then I'll "translate" to what I did in X5:

File (drive letter:\\filename.cdr) contains an Invalid Outline ID or Invalid Fill ID
    Cause of Error
    The color styles saved for the file you are trying to open are corrupted.
    Solution Summary
    Open the file and click 'Ignore'. Select 'Color Styles...' from the 'Layout' menu. Right-click and select 'Delete' for each color style that appears. Select 'Save' from the 'File' menu.

Solution Details
    1) Open the file again in CorelDRAW 7. (The 'File contains an Invalid Outline ID or Invalid Fill ID' error appears.)
    2) Click 'Ignore'.
    3) Select the 'Layout' menu and select 'Color Styles...'. (The 'Styles' dialog box appears.)
    4) Click the 'Colors' tab.
    5) Right-click on the first color style that appears and select 'Delete' from the pop-up menu that appears.
    6) Repeat step 4) for each of the color styles that appears for that graphic.
    7) Close the 'Styles' dialog box.
    8) Select the 'File' menu and select 'Save'. (The next time this file is opened, the error message will not appear.)

Applies to Software Version: CorelDRAW 7.0  http://goo.gl/SMFEp 

What I did in CorelDRAW X5:

Layout | Page Setup | Document | Styles | expand Default Graphic, then untick Fill and Outline, then click OK

After that, I used Save As with a different filename as an extra precaution. My renamed file opened like normal.

Good Luck

Children