fonts not working

I have had trouble with a font that i have been trying to use, I have access to both X3 and X4 and for some reason the problem is reversed depending on which I am using. In Corel X3 it will allow me to use only the bold and italic version of the font, it is aware that the normal roman exists but when used it wont show up in the document whilst in X4 it will only let me use the standard roman version with no bold or italic available at all.

the particular font has its roman version as a .PFB and .PFM type 1 font whilst the italics and bold version is a true type font. 

I have tried copying and pasting them directly into the fonts folder and using bitstream navigator where the preview is normal, 

anyone have any ideas, thanks in advance

Parents
No Data
  • I am also having an issue with fonts.

FonNav is automatically replacing a certain font with another font.  I have cleared the FontNav db file and also deleted all fonts from the left hand panel of FontNav and rebuilt that list.

I am not sure what is going on now, it is very confusing.

Also, on one PC the same font is appearing as 'Normal' whilst another PC says it is 'Western'

Please help.. we have a Style guide here in which we use certain fonts for all printed media.  We cannot have the risk of one of the designers accidentally substituting a font.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Children