Editing Text In an Object

Ok, so i have this drawing that a friend made of this certificate.  when i click (with the PICK TOOL)  on the text that i want to edit  it shows  Black Box's in the corner (4 of them)  around the entire section of that text.  my question is how can i edit just one line of that text .  i saw them do it at the shop where they made the certificate but they where not using X5  i tried to ask them but sadly  i can't figure it out either way im very new to CorelDraw . so any help would be nice. thank you 

So that is what i see when i click with the PICK TOOL  but then when i try to select the text tool it just wants to make new text on a new layer. any help thanks 

Parents
No Data
  • It appears you are selecting using the Shape tool. That would explain the dashed lines and square on each corner. There is a possibility the that the text is power clipped into a rectangle with no ouline or fill.

Use the Pick Tool to select the object and look in the object manager to locate it. If I am correct you will see PowerClip followed by more information. To edit the text you would have to right click on the PowerClip (Text) and chose Edit Contents. Then you should be able to edit the text using the Text Tool.. Then right click on the text and select Finished Editng this level.

Children