New editing PowerClip

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

Top 500 Contributor
Ostrava
Male
Karel Kühpast Posted: Thu, Sep 22 2011 9:52

I would like the next version of Draw for expansion editing functions PowerClip. And that could move objects without PowerClip entry into the editing interface.

The current method of editing (Ctrl + click) – keep

A new way of editing (like Ctrl+Shift + click) – add

Using CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (16.1.0.843) on Windows 7 Ultimate-64bit SP1 / Intel Core2 Quad 2.50GHz, 4 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce9600 GT graphics.

Top 10 Contributor
El Paso, TX
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi.

I'm not sure why you cannot make complex selection like this from the object manager. The shapes, levels deep are shown but not selectable.

The new version of my commercial macro GDG Color Click will be able to select shapes within powerclips based on color and you will be able to manipulate them no matter how many levels deep. It will be released soon.

Here's a sneak preview.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 500 Contributor
Ostrava
Male

Hi,

I appreciate your efforts to improve CorelDraw. However, your path seems too complicated and therefore confusing. He loses the intuitive. I think the single-level direct editing will be easier and better for work.

Essential for me is, I could move the object inside the PowerClip and also saw the graphics around this object.

Sincerely
Karel

Using CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (16.1.0.843) on Windows 7 Ultimate-64bit SP1 / Intel Core2 Quad 2.50GHz, 4 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce9600 GT graphics.

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Karel Kühpast:

I would like the next version of Draw for expansion editing functions PowerClip. And that could move objects without PowerClip entry into the editing interface.

Sounds very interesting, thanks

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Top 500 Contributor
Ostrava
Male

Beautiful, what a surprise when I clicked in DrawX6 on the PowerClip with pressing the Alt key. Super!!

Top 10 Contributor
Melbourne
Male

What does Alt-clicking do?

If you click on a PowerClipped shape ....when the mini toolbar appears below the selected Powerlip... the second button from the left is "Select PowerClip Contents". Press that and you can manipulate the contents without entering Edit PowerClip mode.

Best regards,
Brian.

Brian Melbourne

Top 500 Contributor
Ostrava
Male

Brian:
If you click on a PowerClipped shape ....when the mini toolbar appears below the selected Powerlip... the second button from the left is "Select PowerClip Contents". Press that and you can manipulate the contents without entering Edit PowerClip mode.
– This can be done just by holding the Alt key.

Top 75 Contributor
Mumbai, INDIA
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Brian:

What does Alt-clicking do?

Best regards,
Brian.

Select PowerClip contents will select all the objects inside the container where as Alt click object will let you edit individual objects without entering PowerClip edit mode. Pretty handy. 

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7
Tabbed Interface, Transparency in Fountain Fills, Content Exchange

www.corelinsight.com

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.