rotated 90 degrees when printing 11x17 to xerox docucolor 242 with bustled fiery X3eTY RIP

I resolved a postscript issue by applying two patches from the xerox.com site to my brand new xerox docucolor 242 with bustled EFI feiry X3eTY RIP (1 and 2)

Now I have a new problem specific to CorelDraw (both X3 and X4) printing to this RIP/printer.

• If I print an 11 x 17 landscape and select the print/paper size as 11 x 17 landscape on the latest xerox/fiery postscript printer driver, the print now comes out portrait on the 11x17 sheet rotated 90 degrees and cut off.
  • If I publish to PDF from coreldraw, I can print the same print from acrobat and landscape is landscape with the same printer/rip settings - no rotation occurs.
  • Any ideas what is different in the way coreldraw is sending the print ot the rip from the way acrobat is sending the print?
  • I found that if I check the box in coreldraw for use PPD and select the pagemaker ppd file provided by xerox, I can print from coreldraw without the involuntary landscape -> portrait rotation occuring, so I can print a landscape 11x17 landscape on an 11x17 sheet without issue. However, then I lose the much nicer Fiery print driver GUI with it's quick presets and easier tab organization, etc. and have to select all the options from the one-page alphabetical advanced tab of dropdowns which takes a lot more time. At least it works though, and with an hour or so I should be able to create seperate ppd files for each of my common print job options, but this isn't as smooth as being able to print without the ppd with the print driver's native GUI. Any ideas on whay the PPD works printing form coreldraw but the rotation occurs when printing to the fiery driver direct now?