Corel Draw X5 - high memory usage and "Out of memory" error

Hello

I do have problem with my newly installed CorelDraw X5. Before X5 we used Corel 12 in our company.

I have project file (150 MB) with lots of text, bitmaps, vectors - about 100 pages. File opens but I can't save it. I always get OUT OF MEMORY error. I even tried to divide this file into 2 smaller parts but still doesn't work.

What I noticed - Corel X5 after clean start (without opened project) takes about 80MB of RAM in task manager. When I open project usage changes from 80MB to 1,2GB. While saving it takes 1,6GB of RAM and it crashes.

To compare - Corel 12 and after opening same project file Corel 12 takes much less of memory - about 770MB and it works without problem.

Where from comes this memory usage difference? Any solutions? 

My PC:

Windows 7 - 32bit

4GB of RAM

Intel Core2Duo 2 x 3.0GHz

700GB free space on drive C:

Please help. I've read milion other posts about corel memory errors and noting workes for me :( I have no hope :(

Parents
No Data
  • One item that causes a lot of Out-Of-Memory messages is a crowded, over-populated system temp directory. This comes about by running the computer over a long time and not cleaning the Temp directory out. Many programs create temporary files and directories, when they run, and do not delete these files when they are finished with them. The next time you run that program, it will create a new set of temporary files. The larger the count of temporary files and directories, the more resources of the Windows Operating System will be used, and the slower your PC will run.

To solve this problem, open up your Windows Explorer (not IE) and type in the address bar, '%temp%' (without the quotes). Delete as many files and directories that you can. Windows will not allow you to delete an actively used file or directory, so you do not have to worry about that. Once you have deleted as many files as you can, close the Explorer and then empty the Trash Can.

Children
No Data