rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 34 Replies | 3 Followers

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

Not Ranked
Slovakia
Male
Daniel__ posted on Sun, Jan 8 2012 5:16

Hi,

I've got CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X5 with SP1 installed on my Win7 x64 PC. My printer is Samsung SCX-3205 and drivers are updated to the latest version.

When I select print in DRAW it won't print - it only prints to file (DRAW can't open the .prn file afterwards, it crashes or gives me an error message or both). I simply can't get it to print directly to printer.

Print works just fine in Corel PHOTO-PAINT X5 and I had never problems with printing my files directly from DRAW in any previous version.

Any help appreciated.

Dan

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Verified by kenshie

If you have CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X5 and you find that (1) you see no 'Print to file' option in CorelDRAW's 'Print...' dialog and (2) you're only able to print to file and you can't print to your printer, try this:

1/ Quit CorelDRAW
2/ Find the following file:C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Custom Data\Print Styles\CorelDRAW Defaults.prs
3/ Open the file in a text editor
4/ Find the line that says: "PrintToFile=1"
5/ Change it to: "PrintToFile=0" 
6/ Save the file and close
7/ Now open CorelDRAW and try printing

All Replies

Zdravim Daniel,

Maybe you can check your Corel Draw print dialog if there is checked on option “print to file” – then output goes to file instead printer.

Mek

Top 25 Contributor
Santos, Brazil
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Open print panel (Ctrl+P) and disable "Print do file" option. Save.

Edit: Oops. Mek was 2 min. faster than I.

Not Ranked
Slovakia
Male

Thank you both, unfortunately there's no such option in this version. I checked that before posting my question of course.

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Daniel__:
 Thank you both, unfortunately there's no such option in this version. I checked that before posting my question of course. 

Go to the "advanced" tab and check if the "print to file" option is enabled.

Ariel Garaza Díaz

Not Ranked
Slovakia
Male

There is no "Print to file" option in the whole print setup, that's the thing. I don't understand it either. Never seen anything like it.

Top 10 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

You posted the printer setup from the printer driver, while you should examine the print setup found inside of CorelDRAW. This may be the reason that you could not find the "Print to File" check box in your printer setup.

When in DRAW, on the menu: File->Print, and when that dialog comes up, check there for the "Print to File" check mark.

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

Not Ranked
Slovakia
Male

Hugh, that IS print dialog of CorelDRAW, not printer driver. Not kidding!

Top 150 Contributor
Lincolnshire England
Female

I too have the H & S edition of X5 and my print window looks exactly the same as Daniels looks. However I do have a check box for 'Print File Information' under the advanced tab. Is that the same thing???

Not Ranked
Slovakia
Male

No Mayfly, it is not actually.

By the way I used Corel for years (10, maybe more) so I'm familiar with it. I had professional versions throughout the years - this X5 is my second Home edition along with X4 - which not only works and prints fine but has the same set of print features as pro version does. Big dissapointment this X5.

Not Ranked
Slovakia
Male

Problem finally solved. Clean install without applying service pack.

But now I have another problem, I can't print to file...

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

It is possible to install a printer specifically to print to file. I've not tried it, but presumably its there for a reason.

In XP you would do that by:

• Control Panel > Printers ...
  • File > Add Printer > Next
  • Local printer ... (not automatically detect) ... Next
  • Use the following port > FILE > Next
  • Choose a print driver

Not Ranked
Slovakia
Male

Thanks Harry. Yes, it certainly is possible to make it work, but I was referring to the option usually available in the print dialog. Maybe that is another H&S ver. missing feature.

I just discovered your thread (CorelDRAW X5 H&S can't print) and have the same problem.

I notice you said you'd fixed it, and mention "Clean install without applying service pack.".

I installed from the CD but have no service pack anyway.  If you've a moment to elucidate I'd be very grateful - it's driving me nuts !

Thanks,  Ralph D

Not Ranked
Slovakia
Male

Hi Ralph. One thing could help you. Try to uninstall the whole thing, clear appdata/roaming/corel folder, restart, then reinstall. I'm sure it will help. Let me know.

Dan

Page 1 of 3 (35 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.