APS attributes in Corel DESIGNER X5

We need to draw/modify some CGM graphics for a customer. These CGM should include the attributes "apsid" and "apsname" for a "grobject", according to the AECMA (ASD) Specification S1000D Issue 1.9.

How can I set these attributes in Corel DESIGNER X5?

I found a predefined element named "Name", but no element named "Id" under object data.

Further, I found out, that when I change the name of a object through the object manager the element "Name" changes also.

We should deliver the CGM graphics as CGM GREX 2.6, so these two attributes have to be correct.

Who can help me? Thanks!

Sincerely, Daniel

Parents
  • When opening existing CGM files in Corel DESIGNER X5, they should display the CGM object attributes with their values in the Object Data Manager. If the "apsid" and "apsname" data fields have been used in the files already, you won't need to define them new.

For new graphics Corel DESIGNER X5 will add "apsname" (using the "name" attribute value) attribute to CGM output for WebCGM 2.x and S1000D (WebCGM) profile.

You can add "apsid" and "apsname" data fields in the Object Data Manager. Go to "Open Field Editor" in the Object Data Manager docker and create new fields for these 2 attributes.
    What you can also do to get this done in an automated way is using VBA to prepopulate those data fields.
    In Corel DESIGNER any object in a document gets a unique "staticID" (numeric value) assigned when being created. You could use this staticID value and copy it to the custom "apsid" field. That way you make sure that there is no duplicates for the "apsid" field values.
    ...and copy the "name" attribute value to the custom "apsname" field.

Here's a quick example how this could work if the data fields "apsid" and apsname" are present:

Dim aShapes As ShapeRange
    Dim aShape As Shape

'use selected shapes
    Set aShapes = ActiveSelection.Shapes.All

'...and apply object data to them
    For Each aShape In aShapes
      aShape.ObjectData.Item("apsid").Value = aShape.StaticID
      aShape.ObjectData.Item("apsname").Value = aShape.Name

Next aShape

On CGM export (also to ATA GREX 2.6 CGM) these object attributes will be included as CGM metadata.

Reply Children
No Data