PostScript error when printing OpenType fonts in X6

Hi guys!

I have a major problem with printing in CorelDraw X6...

I get a PostScript error (see below) when printing files that include some OpenType fonts (but not all, some print fine!) . So far, I got that error withTradeGothic and Formata, but I have not tested all fonts. Everything is fine if I print using X5. It a global problem, I tested many files with the same results.

It happens when I print a hard copy or a PDF but not if I "Publish to PDF"...

I really don't know much about PostScript error so I'm lost here.

As anybody else had a similar problem? Is there anything I can do?

Parents
  • Hi Julie,

Thank you for the test file, it helped us to identify and fix the problem. It is caused by using certain high-range Unicode chars ( for example some 'apostrophe" chars ) in OpenType CFF ( PostScript fonts ), our font sub-setting would fail and result in either corrupted PS file or wrong characters. OpenType TrueType fonts are not affected. The problem is not OS specific, it can happen in XP, Win7 or Vista.

The bug has been fixed and will be available in forthcoming SP1.

Meanwhile, the workaround for printing is :

1) go to PostScript tab in CorelDraw's Print dialog

2) Uncheck BOTH "Download Type 1 fonts" and "Convert True Type to Type 1" controls in Fonts section

3) You might want to make this setting change permanent by going to General tab of Print dialog and saving print settings : Save as.." button in bottom-right corner of the dialog. 

This will ensure that we output all text as curves and no font subsetting is occurring. The downside is larger PS/EPS files which might affect printing speed (usually the difference is negligible).

Hope this helps,
    Gennady

Reply Children
No Data