Bitstream Font Navigator

Dear Corel:

Can you direct me to (or offer) a tutorial on Bitstream's Font Navigator?

I have been having all manner of difficulty with this program and have exhausted the Help resources provided with it.

I readily admit being a serious "fontaholic", so I probably have too many fonts installed, which makes a font management program an important utility.

Kenneth B. Wheeler,

Impressions, LLC

Distinctive Engraved and Imprinted Gifts --

USNA Class Crest Collection,

Service Academy Class Crest Art

1155 Louisiana Avenue Suite 100

Winter Park, Florida 32789

407-645-1779; Fax 407-740-5691;

Cell 407-808-6660 kwheeler@wealthcare.com

or info@impressionsus.com

Parents
No Data
  • Unfortunately, the Bitstream Font Navigator is no longer supported by Bitstream.

OK, first rule of thumb, move all fonts, except those that came with Windows, into any directory of your choice, except Windows->Fonts. Any font in that (Wikndows->Fonts) directory is considered active, by the Windows O/S. And if you have too many active fonts at one time, you are in for major slowdowns and absorption of Windows resources.

Secondly, from the Font Navigator, build the database of fonts on your system (In BFN, Menu: File->Find Fonts). From this point on, to make a font available to an application, simply drag it from the left window to the right window. To deactivate that font, simply drag it back from the right hand window. Leave the primary Windows fonts alone.

Use the BFN Help, to understand how this utility works. If you still have questions, bring them up and we will be glad to help you out.

Children