Adobe Creative Cloud-What Say ye

Hi!~

Adobe is coming up with new service call Adobe Creative Cloud whereby you can pay to use the software whenever you need to use the software. Monthly subscription required-around US$ 50 per month. My main question to the users of Corel and all die hard fans of Corel is how this will effect the users and artists of Corel world? Will new artist jump to use Adobe instead of Corel? What are the strength and weakness of cloud service? And strategically lets guess what would be Corel next move? I think this would be fun. What say ye?

Parents
No Data
  • IMHO, Adobe has a major image issue right now.

They demand users that are not on the current release to upgrade when the current product cycle is ending, just so they will qualify for upgrade pricing on CS6. Then after Scott Kelly wrote an open letter explaining how unjust this practice is, they add insult to injury, by saying they will be “generously” offering there previous upgrade police until the end of the year.

Have a read for yourself.

http://scottkelby.com/2011/an-open-letter-to-adobe-systems

This in itself surly doesn’t instill trust and will keep many people up at night wondering what’s next, especially if you take the time learning their products.

The market for “design professionals” is a small footprint compared to the weekend warriors like myself, and Photoshop is certainly there top seller because of this.

I purchase every other upgrade of both CorelDRAW and Photoshop, Corel still allows me this option with their new upgrade policy, but now Adobe says I need to buy every version. This is not good, and their subscription is not an option, as my costs will be even more for a small toolset addition that I like but don’t need.

Because Photoshop only has a few things I view as important that Photo-Paint lacks, I must consider if I can live without them. What does this mean for Corel, well, since Adobe has decided that the huge number of their users in my use case need to make a decision of using Photoshop at a higher price, or look at alterative options, Corel has a tremendous opportunity to increase their market share, and because I cycle upgrades between venders I may find myself purchasing every upgrade version from Corel.

IMHO, X6 is great! Its stable and the best release I have used, kudos Corel!

Now let’s see some love in Photo-Paint for X7. Specifically, better masking, like a quick select tool and the option to directly edit clip masks with the mask outline tools, although it works dam good now some improvements in the cutout lab would be nice, and integrate AfterShot as the raw processor. Anyways, not the correct thread for this, but thought I would through it out.

Lastly, I know Photo-Paint cannot compete one to one with Photoshop, but it doesn’t need to, the combination of Draw and Photo-Paint provides a powerful toolset for a similar or less price point, Corel provides a lot of value that covers a larger spectrum than just Photoshop.

Children