Adobe Creative Cloud-What Say ye

Hi!~

Adobe is coming up with new service call Adobe Creative Cloud whereby you can pay to use the software whenever you need to use the software. Monthly subscription required-around US$ 50 per month. My main question to the users of Corel and all die hard fans of Corel is how this will effect the users and artists of Corel world? Will new artist jump to use Adobe instead of Corel? What are the strength and weakness of cloud service? And strategically lets guess what would be Corel next move? I think this would be fun. What say ye?

Parents
No Data
  • DIGITALGRAPHIX said:
    My main question to the users of Corel and all die hard fans of Corel is how this will effect the users and artists of Corel world

People that use CorelDRAW today as their main tools won't care what Adobe does, since if they've done without Adobe programs for the last 10 years, why would the next 10 be different?

DIGITALGRAPHIX said:
    Will new artists jump to use Adobe instead of Corel?

Many young people are initially drawn to Adobe stuff, even before they touch it. A tremendous feat, marketing-wise.

DIGITALGRAPHIX said:
    What are the strength and weakness of cloud service?

I suspect Adobe products are the most stolen in the history of software. Especially by the young designers who steal music, movies, video games, anything that isn't bolted down. Adobe's new plan could be intended to simply generate more revenue somehow to end a long and constant history of piracy.

DIGITALGRAPHIX said:
    And strategically lets guess what would be Corel next move?

The Corel Suite is very affordable and doesn't have the limitations.

DIGITALGRAPHIX said:
    I think this would be fun.

The model Adobe proposes looks good on paper, to their sales department. But in reality, a lot of people simply won't upgrade if any amount of money is involved. Why? Chances are very high that many designers out there have been using many versions of PS and ID on their systems, and never paid a dime along the way. Will they start now? Or stick with the last installable version they have?

Children
No Data