how to fill letters with a pattern??

hello,

I want to make some letters and fill them with a background pattern like rainbow.

all the fonts are solid black so I need to know how to hollow them out so the background fill will show, then have to cut out all the letters to get the background around them removed so I have only the letters filled with rainbow that can then be moved around and overlaid like with the gray checkerboard squares thing happening.

Like this: imagine a rainbow backing picture with " I heart Mom" text overlaid, fill the " I heart Mom" with rainbow then get rid of the rest of the rainbow backing that is OUTSIDE the letters.  The word heart will be replaced with a heart shape.

I do not know the technical terms for these procedures so have not been able to look this up in help.

know of a good tutorial for this?  Gracias y thanks!

Parents
  • Hello Msongs,

Example:

1. Type your text and between the letters "I" and "Mom" apply the figure of the heart;

Note: no matter what color text was filled in.

2. Select the image (Rainbow) to be applied inside text block. Click on:

Effects / PowerClip / Place Inside Container

b. You will get a large Arrow. Use this arrow to click on your text (that will be the "container").

c. If not right placed, adjust the position of the object. Click on:

Effects / PowerClip / and select Edit Contents

d. Once done, click on Finish Editing Object.

and more:

You can use this process to apply photos. Place Inside Container feature also allows

insert figures inside non-text objects (vector).

Reply Children
No Data