Print merge NOT recognizing a numeric field from Excel file

Hi All,

i am having an issue with X6's print merge not recognizing a properly formatted numeric filed from my Excel spreadsheet.  My first issue was that Corel was adding a decimal point after my numbers. This was when they were still formatted as text fields.  (which i still don't understand why, since they were just TEXT fileds) 

After reading posts here.  I know that the fields need to be "numeric" fields. 

FYI i have ALREADY COMPLETED MY TASK by using an "added" numeric filed that i added IN CorelDraw and then used the "Numeric Field Options" at the bottom of the page to get my number sequence.

However, that is not my question.... my question is: How do i get corel to RECOGNIZE a numeric field AS a numeric field in the first place?

any help is appreciated.

Mitsu1

Parents
  • If there's no reason against it, my thought would be to try going back to having the numbers as text fields like you originally had, but to try forcing them to stay as text fields by enclosing them in double quotes.

You didn't say what format your data is in, but I think this would probably work with CSV data. Working as text also has the advantage of eliminating possible mismatch if the program that generates the data is using decimal commas and print merge is expecting dots, or vice versa. With the numeric fields treated as text, whatever formatting you used in creating the data should be the formatting used in the output.

However, I may be wrong and the merge may print the quotes too, so try it with a couple of records before generating an entire data file.

Reply Children
No Data