X6 crashes on opening any and all files

Hi, I am a brand new user of X6, I had previously been using X3 which has been wonderfully stable. So far I really like X6 accept for one issue:

When I open a file the program crashes. It doesn't matter what file, they all cause the program to crash. It seems that X6 just cannot create the work environment unless it starts from scratch.

The solution I have found is to start a new document first and THEN open the file I want.  After that, everything is fine. I can open any files I want all day with no crashes. Kind of weird, but what the heck..at least it works. By the way, my files are typically small (less than 2MB) composed of a few jpegs, some text, and some simple vector shapes.

I am using the 64 bit version of X6 on a 64 bit pc running Windows professional with 8GB ram.

Parents
No Data
  • If you had a trial version installed prior to the one you bought then it is likely that some of the remainent user files from earlier versions may be creating issues. It is always recommended to uninstall coreldraw with "Remove user files" option checked. You can try uninstall of the current version with this option checked and then reinstall the version. You also may try creating a new user with administrative rights and install coreldraw by logging in with the newly created user.

Hope this helps you.

Children