rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 7 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

Not Ranked
Pakistan
Male
Umar Mansoor Posted: Thu, Jan 24 2008 6:26

Hello,

I want to convert a ms-word file to any  version with 112 pages, needed to fit page on page. Can i do so please help someone!

thanks Umar mansoor

Top 50 Contributor
Apple Valley, MN
Male

Is the file text only? Does it have graphics? If so are they illustrations or photographs?

Rikk Flohr
Fleeting Glimpse Images
All things Digital Imaging  Blog  

Holy Crop! the blog dedicated to Cropping

Top 10 Contributor
Lancaster, PA USA
Male

mansoor:
with 112 pages

That's a biggie, graphics will make this one tough.

David Milisock

Top 75 Contributor
UK
Male

Not just graphics, but formatting will be a problem too in my opinion.

You could print your word document as a PDF using something like DeskPDF from Docudesk, then open the document within Corel. It should retain formatting that way. Ive just tried it and it works fine

Top 50 Contributor
Apple Valley, MN
Male

The question on my mind is "Why?" Is there a compelling reason to take it from Word to Draw?

112 Pages is not Draw's sweet spot. Documents of this size are better suited to a program like Ventura.

Rikk Flohr
Fleeting Glimpse Images

Top 75 Contributor
UK
Male
I think the bottom line is, it CAN be done via a work aorund or otherwise, but is it worth doing?
Top 50 Contributor
Apple Valley, MN
Male

Of course it can.

Print to PDF and import the PDF is how I would tackle it as a one off if the layout must remain the same.  I've done it before on 8 page docs but never on a 112.  

Practical?

Rikk Flohr
Fleeting Glimpse Images

Hello Rikk Flohr,

I just wanted to let you know that i just visitied your website and i wanted to take an opportunity to tell you your photography is absolutly beautiful. Great work!!

Paul 

Top 50 Contributor
Apple Valley, MN
Male

Thank you, Paul. It is always great to hear someone actually saw my work. Much better than Website Statistics!

Rikk Flohr
Fleeting Glimpse Images

Top 100 Contributor
Frisco, TX
Male

If you're using Word 2007, you can save as a PDF, and then import the PDF into DRAW

Core 2 Q6600 ~ 4GB DDR2 ~ nVidia 8800 GT Superclocked ~ 150GB 10,000 RPM Hard Drive
Not Ranked
Pakistan
Male

Thank you all so much for being good helpers. 

Actully the file i mentoined is a full color book contains graphics, page formatting, header and footer and so does page number. The graphics and text are of different colors. I need to apply color saperation to print each color for a large account of copies. If some one has got know about color separation in Ms-word expcept corel draw. 

Top 75 Contributor
Maine USA
Male

kumorigoe:

If you're using Word 2007, you can save as a PDF, and then import the PDF into DRAW

That would work great on a few pages, but on more then 200 of them, I don't know?

Alfred

Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster

Rikk Flohr:
Of course it can. Print to PDF and import the PDF

Yes, this is the best way. For prevent error or a too big file, you can print with only a few pages (20, for example) in each file.

MS Word don't use CMYK mode, only works in RGB. For this reason, you can't create a good color separation from MS Office. CorelDRAW allos to create an easy conversion, but perhaps you must correct some items if you need an exact color. For example, if you want a "red" color with only 100% of magenta and yellow, perhaps the red color of Word is not the same percentage, but you cand go to the Edit menu / find and replace, and easily change it

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Did you try exporting the MS word document file as asci text and then importing into Corel?

Usually I can just do a CTRL A to select all text in word and then do a copy - open a corel file and click - hold down and drag a text box and hit ctrl V to paste

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.