Can't preview artwork from Corel Draw X5, in Corel Draw X6.

Hi all, we just upgraded from X5 to X6, and I was just wondering if there is a way to preview artwork, in the preview pane, using X6, and I am refferring to .cdr files not .eps.

Also how do you go about changing the default font when starting a new document?

Thanks.  

Parents
  • Richard Sparey said:

Hi all, we just upgraded from X5 to X6, and I was just wondering if there is a way to preview artwork, in the preview pane, using X6, and I am refferring to .cdr files not .eps.

Also how do you go about changing the default font when starting a new document?

Thanks.  

To get the preview of your drawings, go to the Control Panel and then to Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs, if you are running WinXT), then check to see what version of the Corel Graphics Window Extension. The version number should be 16.x.x.x and not 15.x.x.x. The installer sometimes does not correct this when it finds an existing Windows Extension installed.

To change the default font, open a blank DRAW document and then select the font that you want as the default and the font size. Once you have done that, go to Tools->Save as Default. Close DRAW and then from that point on, the selected font will be the default font.

EDIT:

...or do as Henrik suggest. He is faster than me in responding...

Reply Children