Still English help file in Swedish version!

I am stunned! When we bought the first X-version (I have forgotten wich) it was so long ago that we bought our last version, that we couldn't upgrade. We had to buy a whole new version. As I am a Swede living and working in Sweden, it was natural for me to buy the Swedish version of the program.

When I had installed it and wanted help with something the first time, I opened the help file. I was stunned that the help file was in English! Can you imagine wanting help with a command or a function that you know the Swedish name for, and then having to search in an English file!? My English is not bad, but knowing the specific name of a command or function is not easy....

I contacted someone in England and after a lot of emailing and irritation (from my end) they finally agreed that the information about the help file being in English could have been better. On the box there was a stamp sized sticker and it was not mentioned at all in the web shop where we bought it.

I think this was version X3, and I am flabbergasted that that's still the way when I downloaded the Swedish trial version of X6 (I forgot that I use the English version of X5...) and there's the English help file. They charge exactly the same amount of money for a program that is totally useless if you ever need help.

We are now going to buy the ENGLISH version of X6, no mistake there.

How do you non-English/non-American users do? Do you use the English version or your own language? How does it work with the help file?

Parents
No Data
  • zitalena

As you can see in my answer to your question about mouse wheel scrolling, I have now found out you are Swedish. Took a while. Smile

Anyway, I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that if you buy the Swedish boxed version, you'll be able to install with both Swedish and English language support.
    The help file will still be English only but you can at least switch between Swedish and English for the program.
    You can do this in Options > Global (Alternativ > Allmänt).

As I mentioned in the other thread, I prefer to use the English version all the time. It's much easier to communicate here, and as you've found it's also easier to use the help file that way.

Children