connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

New Problem - Crash on Start Up!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

Greatly Perturbed posted on Sun, Jun 24 2012 8:03

Today CorelDraw X6 will only start if run in Admin mode. Otherwise it crashes on Start Up. PhotoPaint starts up normally. Any ideas on how to solve this. Where is the service Pack!

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
El Paso, TX
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

Hi,

I bet SP1 will come Monday. Just a wild idea! Stick out tongue

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Ah, but which Monday ?

Actually, Monday is little more than two hours away here, and its already Monday in some parts of the world. So, some of them might have to wait until Tuesday. Or a Tuesday if it's not this week.

Top 25 Contributor
Cave Creek, AZ
Male
TAG - Mediamarketplace (Foster)
Corel almost always releases this kind of stuff on Friday afternoons (Ottawa time). The chances of it arriving on Monday (any Monday) are slim and none.

I've done a repair, I've done a fresh install - no joy. Any other ideas? Thanks

Top 50 Contributor
Houston, Texas
Male
Some people have had luck creating a new admin user account and
installing under that account. It seems to "free up" some of the
permissions when using DRAW.

Steve
www.brutefish.com
Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Its often a good idea to reinstall the .net 4 framework from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24872 in case some other program has installed an out of date version.

Top 10 Contributor
Lancaster, PA USA
Male

Greatly Perturbed:
Any other ideas?

You clearly have something wrong on your system.  Windows 7 correct?

All and I mean all updates including the optional updates?  Excluding Windows Live of course.

Did you do a custom CorelDRAW install?

David Milisock

I believe there are 4 optional updates that I haven't applied but otherwise I'm up-to-date.

Top 10 Contributor
Lancaster, PA USA
Male

Greatly Perturbed:
I believe there are 4 optional updates that I haven't applied but otherwise I'm up-to-date

What are they?

What anti-virus do you run?

David Milisock

I run Eset Nod 32. The updates are:

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2656373)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2686831)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656368)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2686827)

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

I think those last two are not really optional for X5 or X6 and the first two are not really optional for X4 and previous.

Top 10 Contributor
Lancaster, PA USA
Male

Load those netframe updates

try turning off the anti-virus

David Milisock

Top 200 Contributor
Bella Vista, Arkansas USA
Male

Greatly Perturbed:
Today CorelDraw X6 will only start if run in Admin mode.

You really shouldn't do that, nor FYI just in case, run an installer that way. In some cases running a program that way will make it so that is the only way it and even some of its data files can be accessed.

Did you try old F8?

I can assure you, having that many problems with X6 is not common. Something is up with your system or your installation.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.