connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Problem with the new Update

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

GeniusMe Posted: Tue, Jul 3 2012 5:25

I have recently updated my CorelDraw 15 ( X5 ) which I very frequently use and I' m facing a huge problem every 15 - 20 minutes. My program crashes while I work and closes by itself without backups and without anything. Everytime I run Corel Draw 15 I make sure I have already closed any other programs which may have been the source of the appcrash but as it seems they weren' t. I am very disappointed with Corel' s updates. That' s because every time I update Corel ( Twice in my whole life. I don' t like updates and as it seems I was right.) there is a problem. I have reinstalled the update and even the whole program but there is still a problem. I am facing problems with my work because I literally can' t work efficiently. Please help me as soon as possible! Thank you Smile .

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Did your updates include hotfix 4 at http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=800161&ppid=1000083 ?

You also need the latest version of .net from microsoft, at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

The Hotfix page says:

"Hot Fix 4 will update the latest release of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 (15.2.0.686). The build number after the hot fix is applied will be 15.2.0.695."

But when I Check for Updates via my  X5 (15.2.0.686), it says there are no new updates available....Should I install the Hotfix? Are there others?

Thanks,

Janet

PS My outline widths already accepts custom values....

Thanks a lot! I will try it out!

Friend thanks a lot but I still have a problem. Your recommendations weren't useful at all. It made my problem worse. Now it closes every 2 - 3 minutes.

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

Do you have a lot of temporary files ?

Putting %temp% in the Start > Run box will find them and any that are older than yesterday can be safely deleted.

Failing that, does the event viewer (in control panel > administrative tools) show any recent warnings or errors in either the system or application lists?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.