Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

Top 500 Contributor
East Texas
EastTexas Posted: Sun, Aug 19 2012 15:10

Windows 8 & CD x4  - Compatible?

Top 50 Contributor
ABBOTSFORD, BC CANADA
Male

Don't know... but if not try running  X4 on Windows 8 in XP compatible mode.

Currently for some special work I'm able to run version 3 and version 4 (not X3 or X4) in Windows 98 mode on an XP machine... and they work fine.

I ran the v3 and v4 install.exe in Win 98 mode to install and then run the installed program in Win 98 mode as well.

Devil  the 'dd'

comin' atcha from up on the hill in Abbotsford, BC  CANADA

Top 10 Contributor
Murrieta, California, U.S.
Male

EastTexas:

Windows 8 & CD x4  - Compatible?

Long and short of it: No. X5 is not, either, but it will run on Win 8 (Preview). With the changes and forced restrictions Windows8 will have over Win 7 or earlier, I doubt that there will be much hope. Unless you can get a copy of Virtual Box running on Win 8 (preview) and under the Virtual box, load a licensed copy of WinXP...

But I do not have a copy of the RM (Release to Manufacturing) version of Win 8, either....

HuMJohn aka Hugh Johnson

Top 500 Contributor
East Texas

Just found this on MS Site:  CD x4 is good to go... What do they know we don't?

BUT if you click the link MS states CD x5...

Hi Tex,
    I can’t answer your question.
    However, I had a lot of aggravation running trying to run the 64 bit version of X6 on  64 bit computer with Win 7.  Everything cleared up when I installed the 32 bit version of X6. It’s on the same DVD as the 64 bit version.
Phil
Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Well EastTexas; One out of One says yes, That's not a lot of testing!!!!!

George

TheSignGuy

Computer i5 Intel 2500K 4.0 mh, 16 gig Ram, SSD Main Drive, 1T WD Black, 1T Segate, 2 gig DDR 5 G Force Video card, Windows 7 Utl. 64 bit, ASRock Extreme 4 Mobo

Top 500 Contributor
East Texas

Thanks for the 32/64 bit versions tip.

Did you try a 64 bit compatibility mode?

At least someone knew a Win8 Trick?  Or it may be a case where everything is Win8 compatible unless otherwise noted?

Hi Tex,
      At the moment, I’m not going to touch anything.  I was satisfied with my four year old Dell computer and an upgrade to Win 7 32 bit.  It ran faster than I could.
      The new one has been constant aggravation – but my new camera was even more aggravation.
Phil
Top 10 Contributor
Uruguay
Male
CorelDRAWMaster
Ariel replied on Fri, Aug 24 2012 22:40

EastTexas:

Just found this on MS Site:  CD x4 is good to go... What do they know we don't?

BUT if you click the link MS states CD x5...

All versions, since v.12 are "compatible" with Windows 8 http://goo.gl/PJa05 but that doesn't means that run without problem, or that was designed for Win8. The first version certificated for Windows is X6.1, that was the first version developed for run under Windows 8. X4 is a quite old version, it will run under Win8 as XP software. That's not the best way

Ariel Garaza Díaz

arielgaraza.com

Top 500 Contributor
East Texas

Thanks for Windows 8 & CD x4 info  8)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.