corel draw's advantages over inkscape

I am looking for advantages of Corel Draw versus Inkscape. I know Inkscape for a year and I am interested whether Corel Draw is easier or more powerful or has any advantages over Inkscape and in which way.

I currently have a trial version. There are tutorials on the web, but I'd like to jump straight to the point to save time, I am not lazy, I just don't have time to wander and search, especially that I already have made some research and I basically don't find any advantages. 

What's unique in Corel Draw that's difficult to do in Inkscape? Or perhaps, which is significantly easier, or time-saving, comparing to Inkscape. Best would be concrete, specific examples of tools or functions (filters?). I am less interested in very artistic graphic, but rather in business and semi-artistic graphic  (looking beautiful but not really a piece of art)

Parents
No Data
  • Call me a graphics junkie I have Corel x5 and 12 along with Designer 12 , Plus Adobe CS5.1 , Inkscape, Gimp , Blender (a 3D program) , Sketchup 8, Poser 7 and Anime 7 all loaded . For the most part I use Corel . Some of the MAJOR differences is just the terms used . In Inkscape it is union, while Corel calls it weld. They both do the same thing to the vectors. The 3D stuff Blender and Poser to a degree Sketchup I just don't get yet. So I only play with them when I get bored. As Brian said the fact that Corel lets the user create their on macros is a great feature. One made even more so in that you can record what you do and then make it do it over and over.

I find the Adobe products not to be very user ( artistically ) friendly. I don't think there is anything more or less difficult to do in one program over the other. It is all about the feel of working with it. If Inkscape feels good and you can figure out how to make it do what you are looking for or thinking of great. I have used Corel for a long long time and still have not touched upon what can be done by it. Look at some of the work in the galleries it is just outstanding. That is not to say that people who use Gimp or Illustrator or some that I haven't even mentioned don't do fantastic work.

What I hope I'm saying here for you and all that wounder about the merits of one computer graphics program over another is. It isn't the program but who uses it and how comfortable they feel doing that. If when you hit close on a file and smile it was a good program just the one you needed for your project.

Steven E.

Children