corel draw's advantages over inkscape

I am looking for advantages of Corel Draw versus Inkscape. I know Inkscape for a year and I am interested whether Corel Draw is easier or more powerful or has any advantages over Inkscape and in which way.

I currently have a trial version. There are tutorials on the web, but I'd like to jump straight to the point to save time, I am not lazy, I just don't have time to wander and search, especially that I already have made some research and I basically don't find any advantages. 

What's unique in Corel Draw that's difficult to do in Inkscape? Or perhaps, which is significantly easier, or time-saving, comparing to Inkscape. Best would be concrete, specific examples of tools or functions (filters?). I am less interested in very artistic graphic, but rather in business and semi-artistic graphic  (looking beautiful but not really a piece of art)

Parents
No Data
  • bettyketty said:

I am looking for advantages of Corel Draw versus Inkscape. I know Inkscape for a year and I am interested whether Corel Draw is easier or more powerful or has any advantages over Inkscape and in which way.

Depends on what type of work you are thinking of doing. IN my own work I wouldnt be able to accomplish all the variety of work, and the WORKFLOW I am accustomed to have, in finishing off my work/projects. There will always be open source software like Inkscape that can make some jobs for you.

When you understand what sort of work is put down to create a program like CorelDRAW and compare with Inkscape - in how complex CorelDRAW is, and what demands is being put to CorelDRAW from a WIDE variety of businesses all over the world, its not even coming close to compare the two programs. It simply takes to long to explain all the differences.

Unpaid, open source programs not generating money enough to put down all that is needed, will always have problems to catch up. There is a reason to why CorelDRAW cost money and Inkscape isnt.

bettyketty said:
    There are tutorials on the web, but I'd like to jump straight to the point to save time, I am not lazy, I just don't have time to wander and search, especially that I already have made some research and I basically don't find any advantages

Sorry, we ALL human beings tend to be lazy in some respect, and if you just like to jump in and do the work without spending time to learn the craft and view tutorials - then quite frankly, take it the correct way - you are a tad lazy, Smile

All programs have its learning curve. EVERYTHING if learnet the correct way, need time put to learn it.

bettyketty said:
    What's unique in Corel Draw that's difficult to do in Inkscape? Or perhaps, which is significantly easier, or time-saving, comparing to Inkscape. Best would be concrete, specific examples of tools or functions (filters?). I am less interested in very artistic graphic, but rather in business and semi-artistic graphic  (looking beautiful but not really a piece of art)

Again, how professional do you whant things.
    It may not sound sexxy, but color management in CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT is a HUGE and to me a sexy thing. Remember Color Management in CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT is MORE than choosing a colour profile. MAN this subject of color management rocks big time!

OPEN SOURCE in general

I dont personally have anything against open source programs, but there is a reason to why they are open source and some are not.

As an example I use Open Open Office as my office program, but I cant ugrade it because Open Office group of people, being open source, split into two programs, LIbre Office and Open Office. And when they split, all swedish translators ditched the Open Office program and seem to either quite all together or gone over to Libre office.

Children