Printer Marks set as black

Hello

I'm trying to sort out an issue with the printer marks beeing set as black (K) in the print separations dialog.

What I'm trying to do is to print separations to pdf to send out to be printed in plates, for this to work I have to set the option "print separations in color" to true, so that the screen angle does not get screwed when the plates are printed. Now my issue here is that all works well just the printermarks are not iin the color respective to their plate, they all are black. This will result in the plates other than the black one to not have any printermarks.

Now if there is a way to say set them to registration color or something so they are then printed right it would be great, otherwise I would need to se printermarks by hand which is a bit of a pain.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

MFG

Ketraar

Parents
  • I believe the "proper" colour for crop marks is "registration" which is a special colour that should appear on all separations no matter whether they are spot or process and no matter whether you output as separations or as composite.

I've not tested, but there probably isn't a way to "set" them to registration colour, because they would not normally need to be any other colour. Normally, you would not want registration marks to appear on only some of the plates.

But as I understand it, "print separations in colour" is purely a diagnostic option. A platemaker generally expects each separation to be black. If you send 100% yellow to the platemaker instead of 100% black, I suspect it will put somewhat less than 100% black on the plate.

Are you unable to get the screen angles you require on the separations tab by selecting "use advanced settings" and editing the angles?

Reply Children