Text border/stroke?

After all these years and updates, CorelPP STILL does not support text borders/stroke??  I just don't understand why not.  Every version I keep hoping, but always get dissappointed.  Now X4 comes along and still nothing.  Photoshop has supported this feature for years, but why can't Corel keep up?  It seems to me that they focus all their efforts on CorelDRAW and for CorelPHOTO-PAINT, they just go in and change the icons and call it a day. Maybe I'm missing something and just can't find this feature hidden somewhere (wishful thinking, I'm sure)??

For a few years now to simulate this effect I have to go into DRAW and create a text object with a border.  Then copy it. Go into Photo-Paint and create another text object.  Then paste the DRAW text object into the PP text object and see how it looks.  If the border is too thick or too thin, then i have to start all over again.  But if the border is good, then at least i have the ability to alter the letters in the text while still keeping the effect which is good.  But it seems to me that if I can mimick the effect in PP, why can't Corel simply implement it into the software fully and give us the ability to change the border thickness and color right there within PP?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Corel products and prefer them over Photoshop and Illustrator, but I wish that Corel would listen to its customers and fix the current problems and if at all possible, match many of the features of the Adobe counterparts.

What do you guys think?

Parents Reply Children