connecting users of the CorelDRAW family of products

Release date for CorelDraw Graphics Suite X7 / next version?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

Not Ranked
Sheffield
Male
John Mounsey posted on Tue, May 14 2013 9:03

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions as a newbie this morning - great stuff (with a special shout-out / thanks to HarryLondon).

As I am now on the brink of purchasing the FULL version of X6, my final question for now relates to the age of X6 (Full) - and if anyone has any "intel" on when we are likely to see Version X7 ??

Does anyone have any idea how regularly versions are released by Corel? And if so, a rough estimate for when we are likely to see X7 be released?

(my obvious concern being that I am keen to avoid shelling out in version X6, if X7 is due next week / waiting around the corner!)

Thanks.

John.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Pigeon Forge, TN
Male
TAG - gdgmacros.com

HI.

My guess is about a year from now.

~John

Visit me at my GDGMacros website anytime!

Join me on Facebook to stay up to date with GDGMacros, Tips and Tricks for VBA Automation in CorelDraw, Discounts, specials, Free code and macros, and more cool sometimes not so relevant posts!

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

Hello John; No one knows about X7 release date, I think it will be next year. If you get the premium sub. it is free plus you get the changes to the program in advance as they are setup.

George

TheSignGuy

Computer i5 Intel 2500K 4.0 mh, 16 gig Ram, SSD Main Drive, 1T WD Black, 1T Segate, 2 gig DDR 5 G Force Video card, Windows 7 Utl. 64 bit, ASRock Extreme 4 Mobo

Not Ranked
Sheffield
Male

OK - thanks a lot, I will take a look into the "Premium Sub" option :) -John.

Not Ranked
Sheffield
Male

Hi-

With regards to the Premium Sub / Membership option.. is this done *after* you purchase and install the current boxed or download edition? Also, approx. how much does the subscription / membership cost?

(I just had a look on the Corel UK Site but although there was a reference to it no pricing was stated - unless I missed it, which is possible!)

Thanks again. Keen to make the "Best Value" purchase - ideally starting with the resale of my X6 S&H on Amazon Marketplace - followed by the purchase of the FULL X6 edition on Amazon too (to then be followed by the Subscription - if affordable to me and applicable my that method?)

John.

Top 10 Contributor
Virginia USA
Male

John when you have install & updated the ver. you will have a icon at the bottom right of the screen that you can click on to get more info. The cost is $100.00 a year in the US. ( Screen shot below.)

George

TheSignGuy

Computer i5 Intel 2500K 4.0 mh, 16 gig Ram, SSD Main Drive, 1T WD Black, 1T Segate, 2 gig DDR 5 G Force Video card, Windows 7 Utl. 64 bit, ASRock Extreme 4 Mobo

Not Ranked
Sheffield
Male

Thanks for this!

I will proceed with my purchase of CorelDraw X6 Full edition sometime soon, and then look into the UK price for Membership (typically this is likely to exceed what it *should* be (based on the Exchange rate of £ : $ etc.!) - but hey, I'm used to that!

John.

Suggested by Phoenix--

Hello Have you a date for x7?

If i buy a CorelDRAW Subscription, i have x7 for the same price?

thanks

Phoenix

Not Ranked
Sheffield
Male

Hello there.

Good question! (re: X7)

According to Amazon.co.uk (where I obtained X6) there is a "New" version available (either already or soon) but it is not titled "X7" but instead is named by the year (2014) - see here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&linkCode=ur2&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1393346807257&tag=consume-21&url=search-alias%3Daps#/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coreldraw&sprefix=coreld%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acoreldraw&sepatfbtf=true&tc=1393346808929

I hope that helps?

John.

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

X7 has not yet been announced -- though there was an appeal for beta testers several months ago, so we can guess it will be coming ... some time. Nobody knows when, apart from possibly Corel staff who are not allowed to say anything.

If you had a subscription to X6 from the beginning, you were promised to get X7 when it came out. But I'm not sure if that will apply to people who take out subscriptions shortly before a new release. There might be a cut off date.

Tanks for quick response

Top 10 Contributor
London UK

John Mounsey:
it is not titled "X7" but instead is named by the year (2014)

Hmm ... That's confusing.

Its odd that it has appeared on amazon before being announced on corel.com, but 2014 is just the bundle date and doesn't necessarily mean there's a new version beyond X6.4 included in it. The difference could just be in bundled items.

In particular, you should note that it is only Home and Student with many limitations, not a full retail version.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
© Corel Corporation. The content herein is in the form of a personal web log ("Blog") or forum posting. As such, the views expressed in this site are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of Corel Corporation, or its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents. Terms and Conditions / User Guidelines.