Having problems converting a document created in CorelDRAW X3 into PDF - Color problems

I'm using CorelDRAW X3 to create a flyer to be professionally printed and am running into problems with the font colors not looking anything like what they should after conversion into PDF format. The font colors are dull and way off. I contacted Corel Tech Support and they told me they no longer support this version; however, they suggested the problem could be with color management. I've played around in there with no success. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

• David Millisock is the resident colour management expert. He has a book out on the subject but often helps out when a specific problem is posted.

... or just use the "Search this site" button at the upper right of your screen... type colour management and lots of posts will pop up.

Devil  the 'dd'

• ToddinPS said:
    I'm using CorelDRAW X3 to create a flyer to be professionally printed and am running into problems with the font colors not looking anything like what they should after conversion into PDF format. The font colors are dull and way off.

Hi Tod,

Follow the following thread see if you can find the solution

Dull colors in PDF output

• The first question would be can you post a CDR sample file?  Just a piece of text that does what you say is good enough.

We need to know if you have built your file in RGB or CMYK, default color management settings for X3 is CMYK for display and transparency.

After that we may need screen captures of your color amanaement dialogs anf you PDF export dialogs.

Sound like an issue with you working RGB and Sending CMYK.

www.graphictechnology.com is where I have my two CorelDRAW color management books posted, they support X5 and the older one supports X4 and older vserions.