Imported dwg and dimensions in Corel Designer TSx4

HI,

I every now and then have to make some simple figures for user's manuals I write, and now I got in to this problem,which I wasn't able to solve with the Corel Designer Technical Suite x4 manual.

I import a dwg-file which has dimension lines with measures made by the mechanical designer in his application.

Now, I  have to make extra dimension lines with Corel Designer Technical Suite x4, the measures are totally different from those in the imported dwg. E.g. the original dwg has a measure 2000 mm between dimension lines and as I used the Corel dimension between the original dwg's dimension lines, the measure was 134...something.

How do I make the Corel Designer TSx4 scaling to correspond to the measures (scaling) of the dwg? Surprise

• When importing a DWG or DXF into Corel DESIGNER you have a choice of whether to import with English (Inch) or Metric (mm) dimensions. 

In order to import the drawing to (original) scale you need to place the imported drawing with a single left mouse click. If you drag the mouse when placing the imported object you will insert it at a custom size (which looses every scale it had before).

In Corel DESIGNER X4 you can set a drawing scale at any time. Right mouse click on teh horizontal or vertical ruler will show a context menu with "Ruler Setup...".

Go to "Edit Scale..." in the lower right corner of the Ruler dialog and set the desired scale.

Corel DESIGNER X4 uses the active drawing scale for all tools. It's not limited to any objects or areas of the drawing. The drawing scale basically sets the document to an active scale that is used unless you change it again in the same dialog.

Quick note on the dimensions: You can turn off the dynamic dimensioning so that you can specify custom values for the dimension objects that you create. It's a button in the Properties bar when the dimension tool is active or a dimension object is selected: