Seek help with color (Postscript and PCL issue perhaps?) Or colour profile...

Hi all,

Corel X4 SP2, Win Vista x64.

I have a logo for our charity, it's CMYK 50,98,1,0 (a fairly vivid purple).

If I view it on-screen it's the "correct" purple, since it matches some publicity material we had made. If I print to my Dell 3130cn using the Dell PostScript driver, it's also the correct colour. But if I print to the same printer using the PCL6 driver, it comes out very blue, and not the vivid purple.

This would lead me to think it's a problem with the Dell drivers. However, I can print exactly the same image from Word 2007 to the PCL6 driver and it's correct. I can also print from Photoshop specifying "printer manages colours" and it's still correct. So I'm somewhat confused.

I'd like to persevere with PCL6 if I can, since printing with the PS drivers is so slow. I've 1280MB RAM in the printer, yet some complex Corel prints can take 20 minutes to print (PCL is 30-40 seconds).

I'm guessing this is a colour profile issue in Corel, since I ONLY have the problem with Corel, but I seem to have tried every combination of options. Can somebody put me out of my misery please, and tell me what simple setting I'm missing. Within Corel X4's Colour Management screen I'm currently using "Default Settings", although different settings seem to only affect the monitor image, not the printed image.

Many thanks!

Jim