welding line segments

I have a simple 2d design that was constructed using several line segments. I have not been able to figure out how to weld the individual segments into one singe segment. When I extruded the item it left a hollow void. Only the lines extruded when it was suppose to extrude to a .125" plate. Any ideas what im doing wrong here?

Parents
No Data
  • Hi,

Klaus's advice is correct - You need to use PEDIT and JOIN, rather than WELD. 

I hit the same issue in this post: http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/t/42714.aspx

Here's the advice I got from Corel Support - 

"Update: Took this ( and others ) to Corel Support. They looked into it, and apparently weld doesn't do what the training videos say it does ( and it doesn't quite do what AutoCAD thinks either ) - but it's all moot.

To do this - Type PEDIT and then M for Multiple polylines. Select and convert them all, then JOIN. Works beautifully. So, if connecting lines, don't use WELD or JOIN - use PEDIT and convert to Polylines first - :)"

Once you do this, then it will extrude correctly and without any hollow spaces. Also, it's much easier to use than WELD - :)

Weld does something different, but join does what you're wanting. 

Regards

David

Children
No Data