Lost Coreldraw in ES1.5

We have Wilcom ES1.5 v1.5N 29 Oct 2009. The program no longer has the ability to switch to CorelDraw. Has anyone else seen this problem? Unfortunately Wilcom wants $199 to talk to anyone with software older than E2. I could reload but hope to avoid it.

Parents
No Data
  • Yes, I too had that problem with e1.5 -- several times - the last time X4 wouldn't install . . . so . . .  I gave Wilcom $4,700 to upgrade to e2 Gold X5.

Guess what?  Works fine for the first 18 months, then boom, same thing started to happen with e2 Gold.

I wouldn't recommend a restore either, it's too late.  It didn't work for me but one time, and I applied it right away, I didn't wait.

Try installing a brand new hard drive in the SAME SLOT as your current hard drive.  After you have reinstalled the OS, updates, and all programs that you need -- THEN install e1.5 on the new drive (make sure you have ALL the service packs and updates that you need for e1.5 saved somewhere).

You can re-insert your old hard drive into another slot after reinstalling.  It would be used as a slave drive for backups or extra storage.

If a brand new drive does not work -- then it's the dongle, not anything on your current drive -- my opinion only.  $$$$.$$: sad but true :)

$199 may not be such a bad thing to get Wilcom to "fix" it for awhile.

Children
No Data