Templates in Corel

Is there any way known to any of you out there to be able to add Avery Label templates to Corel Draw x6?

I have a job using Avery Layout 5293, a round Avery label. There has to be an easier way than copying and pasting each one on the template....a very time consuming job that does not produce that accurate of results trying to line each label up so it prints correctly.

ANY help would be GREAT!!!

• I would try that using an imposition layout. For a job like that, it is easier than creating a template.

• Set your page size (width and height) to the exact distance that the labels are apart (ie, the diameter of one label plus one gap).
    • In the centre of the page, draw a circle of the same diameter as the label, move it to the guides layer and lock it.
    • Return to layer 1 and design your label (I'll assume for the moment you want to print all the labels exactly the same).

Go to the print screen and select the layout tab.

Where it says imposition layout click on edit and at the top of the screen select the number of rows and columns you need for your sheet.

You're not quite finished here.

• Click on one of those scissor shapes and at the top of the screen enter the exact distance between two labels. You'll need to do this once for horizontal and once for vertical.
    • Before you leave that screen, click on the + sign (circled in green) that lets you save the imposition to use again later. Name it labels5293 and save it.

Return to the print screen and notice that name appears in Imposition Layout. Next time you want to print these labels, just select it there.

Click on print preview -- you should see your single label design repeated for every label on the sheet -- and print.

Your labels will only be as accurate as your measurement, so:

• If possible, use a transparent ruler and a magnifying glass to line it up accurately.
    • Measure from the top of the top label to the top of the bottom label and divide by the appropriate number which will be one less than the number of labels top to bottom.

You'll need to allow for some tolerance in your design. Your printer will not be completely accurate and it will probably not print every sheet in exactly the same place. Don't put text too close to the edge and if you want a background colour over the whole lable, make it at least 1mm bigger than the label itself.

• Am I reading the question wrong??? There is an Avery 5293 template already in CorelDRAW X6. Is that what you are wanting?

Make sure that the page layout is set to All Pages BEFORE you set up the label.

To design a sheet of identical labels, create the label on Page 1. If you want to do different labels on a sheet you will need to add a page for each one.

Patti