Questions about/Problems with X5 and wondering about X7

Acer Aspire 7750G-6857/ 2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHx/ Windows 7 64 bit/ Intel Core i5-2450M/ Radeon graphics HD 7670M 1GB VRAM/ AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics/ 6GB DDR3 Memory/ 500GB HDO/ Acer Nplify 802.11 b/g/n 

I've posted questions on this forum before when I started using X5 2 years ago. I've played with it more since then (but not as much as I would like due to school/work). I just have some questions about the program and some problems I came across while doing my art:

1. Is the forum the best place to report these kind of problems? Is there a better way/place to talk to Corel so they can address this issues more efficiently? What about making suggestions for future improvements/tools/effects/etc.?
  2. I find that the more guidelines I use on the page, they all start to mess up. For example, I have 2 90 degree guidlines and I want to put one on top of the other so I can move it else where to a certain measurement. If I have 5 or so guidelines already, when I drag guideline 1 to guideline 2, guideline 2 highlights a thick blue line and guideline 1 positions itself a noticeable distance away from guideline 2. Also, If I center more than 2 guidelines in varying angles (90,0,45) either they will center correctly or form some reason they form a very very very tiny right triangle. Or if there are just 2 guidelines and I try to place a node over the intersection, it acts as if there are 2 intersections (this is all with grid off because I don't use grids and grids arent' on when I start up)
  3. It's not much of an issue anymore due to my changed needs, but before I noticed that when used the angle dimension tool (that one that shows the angle like a read out for a blueprint) it would be less accurate when using more decimal places like past 4 or 5 than just using 4 and below. For example, I use 2 guidelines one at 90 and one at 0 and depending on the decimal places I use it will be .000001 off or something like that or if I drag the angle dimension tool's node up and down the guideline it changes more than .00001 or something like that. 
  4. There's even sometimes nodes and stuff will move on their own a little off the target you placed it at. Also lets say I'm placing multiple shapes on top of each other's center there seems to be an invisible second center near the real center (off page, so not the page's center)
  5. Is there anyway to use banker's rounding in coreldraw (0-4 you don't round, 5 you round odd numbers to even, and 6-9 round up regardless)? I find that if I use less decimal places for anything always rounding up 5-9 makes things a little inaccurate. 
  6. What is the purpose of having b-spline and pen in the same program?
  7. Why aren't the weld/trim/intersect/etc. commands considered boolean operations? No one seems to know that they kinda are?
  8. I know they have patches for x5. Do I have to download them all? Is the latest one all I need? When i first got coreldraw there were only three and I thought I was supposed to download them all. Would having all three mess it up?
  9. When I installed x5 on my computer, I was forced to put all of its files on my desktop instead of my programs folder. Why is that? It takes too much space on my desktop.
  10. Does X7 have these same problems? Any problems with x7 so far?
  11. I am planning on building my own computer with top of the line parts. Will that help any/ reduce bugs? 
  12. I've read about older versions of Coreldraw working great. Does this mean you don't have to upgrade everytime? What about patches and stuff? When do they stop updating the current version? This ties in with the quesiton about talking to Corel and helping make coreldraw better/fix bugs/improve coreldraw. I really love this program (especially since the high and mighty Adobe is screwing people over left and right with money and viruses and hacks) and I don't think something like Xara has the quality for printing and stuff, unless there are other programs I don't know about.

I can't think of anything else. Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Having built my last 5 computers I can say this is the way to go. Myself I get them in a box deal from Tiger Direct. Sometimes a new case sometimes not. I have set them up with two or three O.S. window 7 the old XP and Lenix  three or four drives which some are 2 or 3 tetrabites in size , The best part as Harry says they don't have all the JUNK that a off the shelf one will.

I play with animations hence the large drives. I am still running X5 and Windows 7 see no compelling reason to " upgrade "  . Went from 9 to 12 then X5. The new programs a to buggy for me. They ( Corel ) needs to totaly clean up the code getting rid of all the lost trails that are left over from years past. costs money and time but it would be the right thing to do.

Steve E. Wink

Reply Children
No Data