Size not what it should be

Has anyone experienced this scenario? Client: "I'm sending you the file to print" Me: "What size should it be?" Client: "It's already sized"

So I import the file to corel and just to be sure send the client a proof with the dimensions and cost based on the size.

A rather large pdf file imports to corel X4 at 48" x 48". Turns out that it's just a raster image at 300 dpi. So I base my pricing on those dimensions. Client agrees with the price but then discovers that the file was suppose to be 8ft x 8ft. If I open the file in photoshop which is usually not my first choice, it does in fact come in at 8ft. Not sure why corel X4 only imports at 4ft. I'm guessing a file size limitation. Client doesn't understand that the pricing will now be adjusted accordingly. Insists that they gave us the file at size.

I don't understand why designers think that their files are automatically to size. I get this all the time but it's usually with jpg's.  I say you should always include specific dimensions to your print service.

Myron

Parents Reply Children
No Data